Thursday, February 9, 2012

Days 8 and 9: A Week in Review

No use-it-up style posts for Days 8 and 9.  This family is busy, busy!  (I'm not sure if I could go two hours without using that word...isn't that sad.) Yesterday I had a board meeting over lunch, and then we went out for prom.  No, we didn't go to prom (although who doesn't love a chance to put on a ball gown?) But we did enjoy supper at Runza to benefit Cedar Bluff High School's prom. 

Today over my lunch break I ran to Hy-Vee for stamps and milk.  No Valentine's Day stamps (boo!) but I did walk away with more than milk.  Two cartons of blackberries, two pears, five bananas, and two half gallons of organic, hormone free, pesticide free, (happiest cows on the planet - we swear) whole milk. $13.90.  The milk was pricey but worth it now that Jett is off formula. 

So instead of a use-it-up list, I'm posting pics of my fridge and cupboards as a week in review.  I straightened the cupboard just for you!


Yes, that is a gigantuan jar of pickles.  No, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with them...I bought them in bulk for Jett's birthday party (they were only $4!) but we didn't even put a dent in them.  A couple of weeks back I made tuna salad for lunch and dropped the vat on my foot and literally thought I had broke it.


Any ideas for lentils?  I bought them when I was pregnant or nursing...I don't remember, but I thought that I should have more protein in my diet.  I have no clue what to make out of these either. 

I've been having more conversations with friends on the topic of stocked cupboard.  It seems as if we all may be battling a similar problem.  So in the interest of camaraderie, I'd like to propose a Cupboard Contest.  From now until February 28th, you can post pics of your ugly, messy, stocked, or empty cupboards on this blog or my Facebook page, and a winner will be announced on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment