Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 14: A Pizz-a My Heart

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that you enjoyed time with someone you love. 
This year's Valentine's Day was probably one of my favorites so far.  Not because of romance, an over-the-top display of affection, or a nice gift.  Nope none of that occurred, it was a great day because I had a chance to make it special for me and the little love of my life. 

I think the reason that I have such happy memories of holidays and special occasions from growing up is because my mom did an amazing job of finding little ways to make the day special.  I remember one day around Valentine's when I was in preschool, a big box of red and pink art supplies arrived in the mail from a teacher supply store.  There were stickers, paper, boarder, and foam cut outs, and I just remember how much fun it was to go through that box and pick out what I wanted to use to make cards.  I also have some awesome memories of making card boxes for school. Having a mom who was also a teacher I always had the best access to supplies and great ideas!

Growing up Valentine's Day was also special because we got to go out to supper, which we didn't do very often. Lillie or I would pick the location, usually Wendy's or Valentino's because they both had ice cream.

Last night I was really craving Valentino's but with Kevin at district basketball, Jett and I decided to stay in and make our own heart shaped pizzas.  I had planned to make pizza dough from scratch, but my little buddy was in full play-mode when we got home.  So I went the easy route and used-up a pre-made mix. 
I also had everything for a beautiful Greek salad, which was a nice accompaniment. This salad had everything, grape tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, feta, and a nice olive oil based dressing to finish it off.  I could have been back in Athens all over again. (Well, maybe it wasn't that good!)
Jett enjoyed the meal very much.  We ended our special date night with a rare treat, a few minutes of watching an Elmo's World video that we rented earlier in the afternoon.
What I used-up:
Pre-made pizza dough mix
Jar of pizza sauce

I hope that your day was special, and that you made it a special day for someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment